Adventures through South America...

March 19, 2009

Day Nineteen: Double Decker

What a week! So I've been traipsing around town with my mom and sister all week, and having a great time. I think I bought every shoe in Toronto (not really, but I added three to my collection :))

Anyway, I know I haven't updated in a few days...but I've been busy.Double Decker
Milk chocolate with smooth, chewy nougatine and crisp, crunchy cereal filling

Did you know:
  • First introduced in 1976 its name derives from the double-decker bus
  • There also exists a 'Double Decker - Nuts', which has the advertising slogan "crispy, crunchy, chewy and nutty". This chocolate bar is essentially a Double Decker with nuts contained within the nougat layer.
  • Double Decker bars originally had raisins embedded within the base layer but they were removed in 1986 in response to market research.
This was a mouthful! (both the description and the bar itself!) Back to the nougat, which I am still not sure how I feel about it. It just seems weird, this creamy substance that doesn't really taste like chocolate, but more like sugar. This chocolate bar was like a CRUNCH bar inserted into a Mars bar!!! No wonder they call it Double Decker.

I very much enjoyed this. As mentioned before, the nougat wasn't my favourite part, but it brings an additional consistency to the bar, which makes it more interesting. I think that they should throw a little caramel in to make it even better! I enjoyed how this one was chewy and crunchy at the same time!

I think that Cadbury made a good call on removing the raisins in this one!! This bar originates out of the UK, which explains why I had never heard of/seen it before. My favourite part of this bar was the bottom layer which is chocolatey as well as crunchy!

Rating:
Milk Factor: 1
Smiles: 3
Calories it was worth: 240 out of 265

Note: So there are questions about my rating system. Milk factor is referring to the number of glasses of milk that are required or that would accompany this chocolate bar (otherwise referring to it's richness) and the smiles are the number of times it makes me smile (neither of these are on a scale. It's just however I feel after/while eating it!) The calories section just refers to how worthy I feel the bar was to waste said amount of calories.

My blog = my rating system :) and YES it's funny.

No comments: