Adventures through South America...

May 7, 2009

Go us!

I usually spend some time reading articles on the internet, but I haven't lately so I decided today that I would check some stuff out. I came across this. The Top 10 Friendliest Countries in the World as stated by Forbes.com

Here they are:
1. Canada!!
2. Germany
3. Australia
4. U.K
5. India
6. U.S
7. Hong Kong (tied with Spain)
8. Spain (tied with Hong Kong)
9. France
10. Netherlands

Go Canada!

So this list is of the top ten countries that are the most welcoming to expatriates. Makes sense. What does this mean? They ranked based on the how easily relocators have befriending locals, joining a local community group and learning the local language. In case you are interested, UAE was the most difficult for expats. I was a little skeptical when I saw the list before I read the article, because I am 100% sure that there are friendlier countries then France (no offense, but I lived there and the French people are really reserved and private) but when you take into consideration Language barriers, and the ease of relocating then this article is pretty valid. The countries (all but India) are all fairly Westernized countries and the cultural shock would be lesser of a risk. Also, English, German, Spanish and French are all very popular languages and not that difficult to learn.

Thoughts??

No comments: