Adventures through South America...

March 9, 2009

Day Nine: Big Turk

Well Heather, here it is...
Big Turk
Turkish Delight

I apologize for the shortness of this post, but honestly, there's not much to say about this selection. Check out the wikipedia listing for it!

Did you know:
  • Turkish Delight features as the addictive confection to which Edmund Pevensie succumbs in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis .
  • Turkish Delight is also mentioned in the song "Candy Shop", the first song off the album Hard Candy Madonna.
Wow! This is not even a chocolate bar. It's more like a big slab of jujubes that fell into a large vat of chocolate. While this was not HORRIBLE, it tasted like an accident. I'm not sure if chocolate and jujubes were ever meant to be one...

My friend Jess was over last week and decided to eat a Turkish Delight on my couch, all I could think was, man that looks so wrong. And sure enough - it is...

I tried to pawn the rest of this off on my co-worker, Caiti, but luckily enough for her she's allergic to red dyes.

That being said, there are worse things out there, and I'd likely eat this again as it is different, but I wouldn't classify this as a chocolate bar.

Rating:
Milk Factor:0
Smiles: 0
Calories it was worth: 100 out of 230

3 comments:

skichik79 said...

ick sounds nasty ... I had nominated Take 5 ( on your first post about doing this chocolate thing ) it's soooo good but I like all the different ingredients ..

Erin said...

I haven't heard of Take 5. Is it avail in convenience stores?

Provoke said...

what happened to day 10 missy? I think a trip to Sugar Mountain will sort you out! PS: so glad I've never tried 'Big Turk'and given your review I don't think I ever will do (thanks for the heads up).