Adventures through South America...

March 11, 2009

Day Ten: Max 5

Ok, so I was incredibly ill yesterday, so I had to put my chocolate consumption on hold. But have no fear...I'm going to eat two today!!!

My first pick, this is for Day Ten, was a recommendation:

Marshmallow Max 5

Did you know:

  • Named for it's 5 ingredients: milk chocolate, peanut butter, pretzels, caramel and peanuts
  • Max 5 is actually the Canadian version of a Take 5
I chose the Marshmallow Max 5, so the caramel was replaced with marshmallow creme. I couldn't find a picture of the Marshmallow Max 5.

I was at first apprehensive about this one, the packaging and name didn't really compel me to purchase it, but thanks to Max - who recommended it, I did!

My first bite was actually interesting. As I'm not a marshmallow fan, I was a little worried, but I was amazed at how well everything tasted together. There was a great mixture of sweet and salty in this bar. And who doesn't love chocolate covered pretzels!!

This being a fairly new bar (it was introduced in 2004), I would definitely recommend this one if you are looking for something chocolatey but not too sweet. The pretzels seemed to neutralize the sweetness of it. I couldn't really taste marshmallow in it, but I could tell that it was there due to the texture...

Overall, this was a nice surprise!! I would really like to try the regular Max 5.

Rating:
Milk Factor:0
Smiles: 3
Calories it was worth: 170 out of 180

1 comment:

skichik79 said...

the regular max 5 is super good ... the peanut butter is yummy .. im happy you enjoyed the marshmallow one I hadn't tasted that one so I couldn't say if I like it or not ... let me know when you try the original ...