Adventures through South America...

March 8, 2009

Day Eight: Reese Big Cup

Alright, so it's day eight and this is getting harder each day...I'm definitely a commitment-phobe right now, so dedicating 10 min EVERY day is taxing.

Today's selection:Reese Big Cup
Peanut Butter Cups Candy

Did you know:
  • Created in 1928 by Harry Burnett Reese, a former dairy farmer and shipping foreman for Milton S. Hershey.
  • The H.B Reese Candy Co., established in the basement of Reese's house in Hershey, Pennsylvania, merged with the Hershey Company in 1963.
  • Big Cups – an oversized version of the traditional cup (also available with peanuts, mixed nuts, and with a combination of nuts and caramel) ---this is definitely good to know!!

Alright, so this is definitely BIG. For those of you who love (not like) the regular Reese Peanut Butter cups then I would say RUN, don't walk to your nearest convenience store to get one of these!! There was virtually no change in taste, except for the massive amounts of Peanut Butter and Chocolate! Yummy!!!

Just a few words on their current marketing. (I couldn't find a slogan on the package. It just said 'Peanut Butter Cups Candy and my first thought was that Hershey could do BETTER!)
  • The current slogan, introduced in the mid-2000s, is simply: "Perfect."
  • In July 2008, Reese's made a commercial stating: "Stop global warming now...or all the Reese's will melt."
  • Another ad stated: "Twins do not want to ever be apart, so eat both of your Reese's."
Well, twist my arm will ya???

This delectable piece (or pieces in my case, cause I bought the King Size package OF COURSE) just proves that good things really do happen in basements ;) (on a side note, I was accompanied by a daddy long legs in the shower tonight! GO basements!)

Perfect indeed.

Rating:
Milk Factor:1
Smiles: 3
Calories it was worth: 350 out of 400 (holy crap!)

So in celebration of this being my eighth post, I have decided to tally things up for you guys:

Calories consumed in chocolate: 2160
Calories burned this week: no where near that! But I did play soccer twice, went boxing once and went to the gym once! Go me!

N.B. I would love to see more nominations for chocolate bars....(Heather tomorrow is Big Turk day...don't you worry!) So I'm leaving it in your hands - you tell me to eat it and I will (as long as it's a chocolate bar!)

No comments: